The Best Food For Hangovers
We've all experienced the aftermath of a night out—the pounding headache, the queasy stomach, and the memories of the previous night that we'd rather forget. Fear not, for a natural hangover remedy is closer than you think. In this guide, we'll explore not only nutriant packed recipes but also the perfect vitamin shot for hangovers, After Party, the ideal morning after hangover cure to combat that post-party malaise. Join us on a journey of recovery with our compilation of food that's good for hangovers.
After Party - The Ultimate Hangover Relief, a vitamin shot for hangovers
Of course, our first stop on the road to recovery is After Party, the ultimate vitamin shot for hangovers. Specially designed for the day after the night before, After Party offers a perfectly balanced mix of post-drinking vitamins. Discover the best hangover relief and the ultimate morning-after cure in one potent shot.
A Veggie Omelette - Lighter, Nutrient-Packed Recovery After Drinking
A veggie omelette offers a lighter alternative that still packs a nutritional punch. Eggs, rich in cysteine, an amino acid supporting the breakdown of alcohol byproducts, combined with a colourful array of vegetables—you chose what you like and what you have in the fridge: mushrooms, peppers, onions, and spinach—all vergetables will contribute vitamins and minerals, replenishing essential nutrients depleted during alcohol consumption. If you like cheese it would provide calcium, adding a touch of indulgence without overwhelming your system—an ideal choice for a delicate stomach.
- Veggies of your choice, could be: chopped peppers, onions, spinach, mushrooms, cheese (optional)
- Whisk eggs in a bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Sauté diced bell peppers, onions, and mushrooms until tender.
- Add spinach to the mix and cook until wilted.
- Pour the whisked eggs over the vegetables.
- Once the edges set, sprinkle cheese (if desired) and fold the omelette.
- Cook until the cheese melts and the eggs are fully cooked.
Detox After Drinking With The Hydration Hero—Chicken Soup:
The magic of chicken soup for a hangover lies in its hydrating broth. Alcohol, acting as a diuretic, leads to dehydration, and a warm bowl of soup helps replenish lost fluids. Chicken provides a lean source of protein, aiding in the recovery process. Carrots and celery bring essential vitamins, while garlic adds immune-boosting properties. The warmth of the soup soothes, easing any discomfort in the digestive system. If you opt for noodles, you introduce complex carbohydrates that contribute to sustained energy levels.
- Chicken Stock - we love Freja at Potion HQ
- Cooked and shredded chicken pieces - this recipe is ideal for using up roast leftovers (we shred the leftovers then freeze them, ready to be thrown ito the soup pot)
- Carrots, celery, onion, all diced
- Garlic, crushed
- Thyme and bay leaves
- Cooked Noodles (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add carrots and celery, cooking until softened.
- Pour in chicken broth and add thyme, bay leaves, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a simmer, then add cooked chicken pieces.
- If desired, add the cooked noodles
- Serve hot and enjoy the soothing effects
Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel:
Indulge in an elegant yet straightforward hangover remedy—Smoked Salmon and Cream Cheese Bagel. Smoked salmon, rich in omega-3 fatty acids supporting brain health, combines with the complex carbohydrates of a whole-grain bagel. Cream cheese adds a touch of indulgence while contributing a dose of protein and fat to help stabilise blood sugar levels.
Banana and Berry Smoothie:
For a quick and refreshing hangover fix packed full of post drinking vitamins, try a Banana and Berry Smoothie—a hydrating and nutrient-packed option. Bananas provide potassium for fluid balance, berries offer antioxidants combating oxidative stress, and Greek yogurt adds protein. The smoothie's liquid base aids in rehydration.
- Mixed berries (strawberries, blueberries, raspberries)
- Greek yogurt
- Honey (optional)
- Ice cubes
- Water or any nut or plant milk
Avocado Toast with Poached Eggs:
Avocado Toast, a popular and nutritious choice, becomes a nutritional powerhouse when paired with poached eggs. Avocados, rich in healthy fats and potassium for hangover relief, addresses dehydration and provide sustained energy. Poached eggs contribute protein and essential amino acids, supporting the body's recovery process.